Inquire Teacher's Guide
The Inquire Teacher's Guide helps educators from across the curriculum integrate 21st century skills into their teaching. You'll find out how to use Inquire in all the
- traditional content-area classrooms
- study-skills classrooms
- media centers and libraries
- inquiry programs
- project-based environments
What does the Teacher's Guide contain?
The guide begins by explaining the pedagogy behind Inquire, focusing on how 21st century skills, inquiry, and project-based instruction interconnect. You'll find quick tours of the program and help with planning, instruction, and assessment.
The heart of the Inquire Teacher's Guide is a set of lesson plans for each chapter in the student handbook. The lesson plans for skills chapters contain
- a chapter introduction with learning outcomes;
- correlations to the Common Core State Standards and standards for the Partnership for 21st Century Skills and the International Society for Technology in Education;
- daily lesson plans for teaching each chapter;
- an extension activity;
- a review activity that can also serve as a chapter test; and
- minilessons for science, math, social studies, and English.
The lesson plans for project chapters provide learning outcomes and correlations as well as team-teaching suggestions and dozens of project suggestions for each of the main content areas: social studies, science, English, and math.
Can I have a closer look?
Of course! If you'd like to download a PDF file to view offline, a sampler of the Inquire Teacher's Guide, is available here. If you'd like purchasing information, go to the Teacher's Guide page in our online store.